Des documents australiens déclassifiés évoquent des Ovnis

Ces documents, déclassifiés, issus des archives nationales australiennes, font actuellement le tour de la planète car ils y est fait état de témoignages relatifs à des observations d'Objets Volants Non Identifiés sur une zone ou des installations atomiques sont en place. Cela se déroule au cours des années 1950 - 1960. Le document a été rédigé par J.J.A Hanlon, officier de sécurité de la base de Maralinga, le 24 juillet 1960 à destination du commandant de la base de Maralinga et à pour titre : Unidentified Light, Wewac aera. L'officier informe sa hiérarchie du fait que de nombreuses observations d'ovni ont été faites dans la zone interdite de Woomera.

Informations sur les documents
UFO sightings at weapons testing site - 24 July 1960 - The file of which this document is a part was transferred to the Royal Commission into British Nuclear Tests in Australia in 1984–85.

C'est dans cette région, parfaitement surveillée, que se déroulaient à cette époque des expériences nucléaires. Dans la régions, sur la base, des dizaines de personnes, officiers, personnels divers, témoignent de l'observation de ces objets inconnus. On a même demandé l'avis d'experts qui n'excluent pas "l'ovni" comme tel, mais qui proposent de nombreuses solutions our identifier ces objets ( sans toutefois en apporter la preuve !).
Il faut savoir que la RAAF a traité plus de 400 rapports d'observations d'ovni entre 1950 et 1959, plus de 1300 rapports entre 1960 et 1980. Les " National Archives of Australie (NAA) recèlent plus de 10 000 fichiers dans plus de 130 dossiers sur le thème des "soucoupes volantes" et Ufo. Il faut noter que les documents communiqués aux Archives Nationales sont très incomplets car les archives issues des ministères et de certaines administrations, relatives aux cas d'observation d'ovni, n'y sont pas inclus.

Extrait des Archives Australienne, un cas de 1955

Croquis à gauche : This Department of Air record, marked confidential, is a diagram of a UFO sighting from 1955. It details how the ‘object came from & returned to the west' and ‘appeared to float just above the tree tops'. An ‘orange glow' could be seen through the three portholes.
Croquis confidentiel du Département of Air record qui nous donne le détail d'un objet observé en Australie en 1955. L'objet arrivait de l'ouest, trois hublots, il semblait flotter juste au dessus de la cime des arbres et une "lueure orange" pouvait être vu à travers les hublots.


Le texte de présentation des archives nationales Australiennes informant les lecteurs du site que des documents des années 50 - 60 et 70 traite du phénomène et sont accessibles. En fin de texte le lien qui vous dirige sur la liste des documents intéressants.
Unidentified flying objects (UFOs)
The National Archives holds a number of records relating to unidentified flying objects (UFOs), flying saucers and other unidentified aerial sightings. Most of these records date from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, when public interest in UFOs was high and many sightings were reported to Commonwealth authorities.
There was no specific government agency responsible for the collecting and analysing these sightings, so responsibility fell on the Department of Air. The Department collected reports from defence force members, pilots and air traffic controllers, meteorologists and the general public. During the peak of interest in UFOs the department investigated some reports, trying to establish whether the sighting could be attributed to low flying aircraft, weather balloons or meteorological phenomena.

Reports were also collected by other agencies involved in air safety, research and intelligence, including the CSIRO, the Joint Intelligence Organisation, the Weapons Research Establishment at Maralinga, and the Department of Transport. The Department of Territories kept reports from Papua New Guinea.

Below is a selection of records in the Archives' collection that relate to UFOs. To find further records of interest, you can search the collection.
( )
Secret UFO files released - August 5, 2012
Extrait de :
It is probably the closest Australia has come to scrambling fighter jets to intercept a UFO.
Documents that have just become available under the 30-year rule at the National Archives of Australia reveal how two RAAF Mirage jets were placed on the second highest level of alert to determine the cause of unidentified radar contacts seen on screens at Mascot.
The ''X Files'' viewed in Canberra also give details of other unexplained sightings, some of which are supported by witness statements to police.

Flying sorcery ... one of the restricted documents, now released. Photo: National Archives of Australia
Un des documents confidentiels, maintenant rendu public.
Mysterious ... a colour-enhanced photo of a UFO seen from Bendigo. One caller dismissed it as a rock band's laser show. Photo: National Archives of Australia
Agrandissement d'une photo d'ovni prise à Bendigo. Il a été jugé que ce n'était as le " laser" d'un groupe Rock.....
In the Sydney alert, the papers stamped ''restricted'' tell how operation ''Close Encounter'' was launched by No.3 Control and Reporting Unit at RAAF Base Williamtown near Newcastle on June 30, 1983, after the phenomenon was first noticed earlier in the month.
Senior air controllers at Mascot said the contacts were mostly located between 70 and 150 nautical miles north of Sydney at ''alleged speeds of 1100-6500 km/h that suggested high altitude''.
The papers state that no scramble was to occur in the round-the-clock operation unless confirmation of any reported tracks was made on the radar screens at RAAF Williamtown or any radar other than Sydney.
At the same time, three senior air defence controllers were dispatched to Sydney to investigate and plot every contact and ''control interceptors against these contacts if a reasonable chance of interception presented itself''. But then one of the defence controllers, a squadron leader, asked whether a comparison had been made of the contacts on the screens of Mascot's Area Approach Radar Centre and those in a ''workshop across the corridor''. Soon after, tests showed that the ''unidentified objects reported by Sydney were generated entirely by radar interference known colloquially as 'running rabbits' ''.
Squadron leader K. Keenan, in his six-page report, said operation Close Encounter cost 66½ days of overtime, 1000 kilometres was travelled by a staff car and a C130 Hercules transport aircraft ''may have been diverted to Sydney airport'' to deliver one of the defence controllers.
He wrote: ''The lines of communication, extending as they did across the width of an entire corridor, seem to have been insufficient for the purpose.''
He added rather dryly: ''Fortunately there was no temptation to launch aircraft and add to the fuel bill occasioned by use of the RAAF Datsun.'' A cautiously worded statement was released as a result ''in a manner that would not embarrass departmental personnel'' which blamed ''random atmospheric conditions''. Other reports in the X Files give details of an ''unidentified physical feature'' of circles on Milo Station at Adavale, Queensland, in 1982. The file refers to photographs that apparently were taken, but they were not among the papers.
Constable Geoffrey Russell, from the local police station, visited the site and wrote a report for RAAF Base Amberley near Ipswich. The officer saw depressions in the ground and thought they were caused by a motorcyclist doing donuts but then dismissed the idea.
He wrote: ''I strongly feel this [is] no hoax even though I do not know the cause of this 'feature'.''
He described a large circle of 2330mm in diameter with one inner circle of 2010mm which were 160mm in width and about 15-20 mm deep. The soil around the outer circle appeared to have been ''blown away'', he said.
Elsewhere in Queensland, dairy farmer Robin Priebe phoned Imbil police at 5.30am in July 1983 to report seeing a strange object in the sky to the north of the town. The papers state that a Sergeant Waterson then went to his back verandah and saw ''a large white light with several flashing lights around it'' which did not appear to be a normal aircraft.
A similar sighting was made by Constable R. Keys from a separate position. He was also of the opinion that it wasn't a normal aircraft.
Mr Priebe said both he and his wife saw a bright red glow gradually change to a white light which then started to move slowly east. Through binoculars, ''the light was disc shaped with a very bright light around the perimeter of the disc with two flashing lights in the front and one to the side'', he said.
The only photographs in the X Files were of unusual lights over Bendigo, witnessed by hundreds in May 1983. An interim report by the RAAF stated that Mike Evans, a 17-year-old disc jockey with the Bendigo radio station 3BO, received calls from listeners, then saw the lights himself and took photos.
One anonymous caller to the RAAF said the lights were caused by a rock group experimenting with laser lighting. The report said they were probably caused by train headlights or lasers or from planets or stars. There had been unusual weather atmospherics on the night.
Zoe¨ D'Arcy, director of digital and online access at the National Archives, said: ''Where you and I might think UFO - a spaceship - the RAAF and other agencies were probably wondering if there was a security threat.
''Most of the files you read and you think that most probably was a meteorite, but there are ones that you read and you think - well, what could that have been?
''I can't explain that from my knowledge.
''So what was it that these people have experienced? It has that open-ended question to it that I find really intriguing.''
Résumé de l'article ci dessus:
De nombreux documents sont versés aux archives nationale et rendu public en vertu de la loi trentenaire relative à la confidentialité. Parmi ces documents, on note un cas d'ovni avec des avions de chasse qui ont été mis au plus haut niveau d'alerte à la suite d'objets repérés sur les radars à Mascot. Des documents appuyés par des rapports de Police, font état d'observations sur Cambera
Dans les documents a diffusion restreinte, il est dit comment l'opération " Close Encounter " a été lancée par le groupe de contrôle nr 3 de la base de la RAAF de Williamtown prés de Newcastle le 30 juin 1983, bien que le phénomène ait été remarqué plusieurs mois avant. Les Contrôleurs de Mascot déclarent que les objets étaient à 70 et 150 miles nautiques au nord de Sydney. Leur vitesse présumée : de 1100 à 6500 km/h ce qui confirme une haute altitude. Trois contrôleurs aériens de la défence ont été envoyés à Sydney pour enquêter sur ces contacts radar afin de juger si une chance d'intercepter ces objets pouvait se présenter. Des études ultérieures ont permi de conclure que ces ovni rapportés par Sydney avait été générées en totalité par des interférences radar connues.
Un autre rapport fait état d'un cerces sur Milo Station à Adavale, Queensland, en 1982. Le dossier fait état de photos, mais elles ont disparues. Le Gendarme Geoffrey Russel a visité ce site et a rédigé un rapport pour la Base RAAF Amberley ^res d'Impswich. L'officier a vu une marque dans le sol, qu'il pensait identifer, mais revint sur son idéé. Il écarte l'idée du canular, mais il n'explique pas l'origine de ce cercle de 2010 mm et profond de 15 à 20 mm. Le sol autour du cercle semble avoir été comme soufflé.
D'autres documents font apparaître de nombreuses observations qui n'ont pas été solutionnées. Les seules photographies issues de cette série de documents déclassifiés sont celles de Bendigo, vu par des centaines de personnes en mai 1983. Un rapport de la RAAF, signale que Mike Evans, animateur de la station de radio 3BO Bendigo, a reçu de nombreux appels d'auditeurs, il est alors sorti , il a vu les objets et les a photographié. Comme à l'habitude le rapport conclu par des identifications possibles, sans en apporter les preuves, et cette fois ci on évoque comme solution : les phares d'un train, voir des lasers, voir encore des planètes ou des étoiles !!!!

Merci encore à Gérard Lebat pour la transmission de ces informations !!!